top of page

Fiscal Officer

G. Michael Ullom
Fiscal Officer

Effective January 1, 2016

No credit is given for taxes paid to another municipality

Income Tax Changes

Free Tax Preparation

Regional Income Tax Agency provides free tax preparation once a year during the Month of March.  Call 740-625-7808 Ext 1003 for details.


Centerburg Village can provide free assistance in preparing your Centerburg Municipal Income Tax Return at the town hall at 49 ½ East Main Street.  Please call 625-7808 for additional information.



G. Michael Ullom
49 1/2 East Main Street
Centerburg, Ohio 43011
Phone: 740-625-7808
 ext. 1003
Fax: 740-625-9058

Frequently Asked Questions


What is the tax rate?
The tax rate for the Village of Centerburg is 1% based on your Medicare wages or net business profit.


Who is required to pay taxes?
Anyone who is a resident of, works in, or does business in the Village of Centerburg must pay taxes. If you are not sure if you are a resident, but you still have a 43011 zip code, you can call the office at 740-625-7808 to verify your status. Retired and disabled individuals are not required to pay municipal income taxes on their pensions or disability payments. An exemption form is required for this status.


What if I work in Centerburg but live somewhere else?
You are not required to file taxes with the Village of Centerburg, but your employer is required to withhold Centerburg Taxes from your paycheck. Check with the municipality in which you live to find out if you get a credit for those taxes.


Why do I have to pay Centerburg taxes if I pay taxes to another municipality where I work?
Each municipality requires taxes in order to run its government. The Village of Centerburg has a 1% tax rate.  Effective January 1, 2016, no credit is given for taxes paid to another municipality.


When are taxes due?
All residents who work and all businesses within Centerburg Village are required to file a tax return by April 15th of each year. Returns filed late are subject to a penalty and interest.


How should I submit my taxes?
Taxes can be mailed to


RITA, PO Box 477900, Broadview Heights, OH 44147-7900.

Am I required to pay estimated taxes?
If you owe $200 or more on your taxes, you are required to file estimated taxes for the following year. Estimated taxes that are not filed are subject to a penalty.

Where can I get answers to other questions?
You can call the Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA) at 1-800-860-7482 or visit their website at You can also call the tax office at 740-625-7808 or visit our offices.


Tax Forms

bottom of page